Real Estate Transfer Tax
Anyone buying a home in Harwood Heights must pay the Real Estate Transfer Tax. Please refer to the Real Estate Transfer Tax Requirements link (below) for specific information regarding the sale of a home, scheduling of inspections, and scheduling of a final water reading.
The Village adheres to the following building codes when conducting inspections:
- State of Illinois Plumbing Code
- 2018 Residential Code
- 2018 International Mechanical Code
- 2018 International Property Maintenance Code
- 2018 International Building Code
- 2018 City of Chicago Electrical Code
For a quick list of common building violation corrections, see the list below.