Print Friendly, PDF & Email

What are the holidays when the Village Hall is closed?

New Year’s Eve
New Year’s Day
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
President’s Day
Good Friday
Memorial Day
Fourth of July
Labor Day
Columbus Day
Thanksgiving Day
Day After Thanksgiving
Christmas Eve
Christmas Day

Can I pay my water bill online?

Water bill payments can be made online by clicking here. You must register when paying your bill online for the first time.  To register, you will need your account number and PIN number (both found on your bill).  Once you've registered, you can just sign-in the next time you want to make a payment.

Can I register to vote at the Village Hall?

Yes, you can register to vote at the Village Hall. You must provide 2 documents (including 1 photo ID) showing proof of residency in Harwood Heights.  Or, to save time, you can register online by clicking here.

Can I have a garage sale?

You can have up to two (2) garage sales per year. You must notify the Police Department at 708-867-4353 prior to each event.

When does street cleaning begin/end?

Street cleaning begins April 1st and ends November 30th of each year.

When does yard waste pick-up begin/end?

Yard waste pick-up begins April 1st and ends November 30th of each year. It is collected on your normal garbage pick-up day. Yard waste must be placed in biodegradable paper bags OR in a bin with a yard waste sticker on it. Stickers are available at no charge at the Village Hall.

When is the snow parking ban in effect?

The snow ban is in effect as of December 1st when it snows 2 inches or more. On even-numbered days of the month, no parking, standing or loading shall be allowed on the even-numbered side of the street. On odd-numbered days of the month, no parking, standing, or loading shall be allowed on the odd-numbered side of the street. The Snow Ban hotline is 708-867-7605.

What are the Village’s water/sprinkler hours?

You can water from 6:00 am until 10:00 am and/or from 6:00 pm until 10:00 pm. Exceptions can be made if you have new sod.

What are the hours of the Village Bus?

The hours of the Village Bus are as follows: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 9:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. (returns only until 3:00 p.m.) and Sunday from 7:00 a.m. until Noon.

What are the requirements to purchase a Village vehicle sticker?

In order to obtain a sticker, your vehicle must be registered to your Harwood Heights address. You must bring in your vehicle registration or bill of sale to obtain a sticker.

What is the cost of a Village vehicle sticker?

The cost for a vehicle with passenger plates is $20. The cost for senior citizens is $2.00, with a limit of 1 per household.  Click here for more information.

How can I purchase a guest parking pass for a resident only street?

In order to purchase a parking guest pass you must live on a resident only street. To purchase a pass, you must present a valid driver’s license or state ID to show proof of residency. Guest passes are $5.00 each and there is a limit of 2 per household.

How can I purchase an overnight commercial/truck parking pass?

Overnight commercial/truck parking passes are available at the Village Hall for a fee of $5.00 each with a limit of 2 per household.  You must present a valid driver’s license or state ID to show proof of residency.

How do I obtain a pet license?

You can obtain a pet license at the Village Hall.  The cost is $2.00 for each license.  Proof of vaccination for each pet must be presented at the time of purchase. The maximum number of dogs or cats per household is 3.

What forms of payment does the Village accept?

The Village accepts cash, check, or credit. Credit/Debit card fees apply.

How can I pay a parking/citation ticket?

You can pay in person at the Village Hall or pay over the phone by calling the Police Department at 708-867-4353 and ask for Maria. Credit/Debit card fees apply.

Does the Village have recycling pick-up?

Yes, the Village offers recycling pick-up every other week on your regular garbage pick-up day. All proper recycling items must be placed in a blue recycle bin. The Village provides 1 bin per household. Click here to view the events calendar for recycle weeks.

How can I advertise on the digital billboards in Harwood Heights?

There are 2 digital billboards in the Village of Harwood Heights - one at Harlem & Foster and the other at Montrose & Forest Preserve Drive.  To advertise on these digital billboards, call Penny Harrison from Media Choice at 903-805-9985 or email her at pharrison@mediachoice.com.

Scroll to Top