[Skip To Content]

The Village of Harwood Heights - Established 1947

Main Phone Number - 708-867-7200
Sun March 24, 2019
A small town of big opportunities.
Flood Grant
The Village Board approved up to $50,000 for a Village sponsored Flood Relief Grant.  Eligible single family residential homeowners would be able to apply for up to $1,500 in grant funds towards professionally installed overhead sewers or “village approved” flood control equipment on their property.  Depending on the cost of the project, the Village would pay the homeowner up to $1,500 after all work is completed and approved by the village inspector and village engineer.  The plumbing contractor doing the work must be licensed in the village and permits must be issued to perform the work.  After the completed work is inspected and approved by the village, the owner would be required to submit an original receipt showing they paid for the work.  
Can the money be used for replacement of sump pumps?
No, the grant money can only be used for new flood control devices being installed this year. 
Who would be eligible for the program?
Only owners of single family residential homes would be eligible. Projects would require completion this fiscal year to qualify. May 1, 2015 through April 30th, 2016, no exceptions. Previous projects are not eligible.
How would I find a licensed plumbing contractor to do the work?
Licensed plumbing contractors are listed in the yellow pages.  Getting referrals from neighbors and friends is important.  Be sure to get several estimates, and check references and licenses.
Will the Program be repeated next year?
If approved for this year, there is no guarantee that the program will be repeated next year, funds must be set aside by the village board each year for this purpose.